Electrical Services.

Domestic Electrician.



About Us

Wiltshires electrician of choice for over a decade

For over a decade, Aardvark Electrical Services has been supporting the communities of Wiltshire  providing a comprehensive range of domestic electrical services.

Whether you need a new socket, fuse board, interior/ exterior lighting, security lighting or a partial rewire or full rewire - no job too small or too big. 


Aardvark Electrical Services offer a hassle free, fresh & friendly approach to all your domestic electrical needs. Fully Certified as a registered member of Stroma Certification scheme. Part P Compliant & a Member of the  Register Competent Scheme. 


Free Quotations, VAT Free, Part P. Registered Electrician - (Guarantees peace on mind through Certification ) Aardvark Electrical Services aim to provide informative information on best product choices & regulations, latest electrical trends and energy saving products. specialising in LED Lighting & Consumer unit replacements ( Fuse Boards ). Domestic / Residential Electrical services. Electrician in Chippenham & surrounding areas. electrical contractor Aardvark Electrical Services in Chippenham

Contact Us

Drop us a line!

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Better yet, Call!

We love our customers - so please leave me a message if we don't answer straight away.  We will get back to you as soon as possible. Sometimes we may be up a ladder or in a loft or have no signal. 

Your call is always important to us.

Aardvark Electrical Services

Wiltshire, England, United Kingdom

07810 120300


Monday to Friday 8am to 5.30pm

Saturday / Sunday  - Closed

Mobile Phone service available up to 8pm Monday to Friday.

Answer Machine : 24/7


Knowledge Base

Stroma Certification

Stroma Certification’s UKAS accredited Competent Person Scheme (CPS) allows installers from major UK trades to self-certify their installation work in line with the Building Regulations. Homeowners and customers have immediate confidence that all installation work undertaken is compliant.

Part P

What is Part P of the Building Regulations?

Since 2005, all electrical work in dwellings in England and Wales, whether carried out professionally or as DIY, must meet the requirements of Part P of the Building Regulations.

Part P is in place to keep you and your family as safe as possible from electrical hazards, and applies to new domestic properties, as well as any alterations or additions to electrical installations in existing properties, including full or partial rewires.

Who is responsible for making sure that electrical work in your home meets the requirements of Part P?

By law, the homeowner or landlord must be able to prove that all electrical installation work on their property meets the requirements of Part P, or they will be committing a criminal offence.

Local Authorities have the power to make homeowners or landlords remove or alter any work that does not meet the requirements of the Building Regulations.


What electrical work is notifiable in England?

Electrical work which requires notification differs between England and Wales. Additional changes were introduced to Part P in England in April 2013. This means that electrical work in a dwelling, or associated with its surroundings, is notifiable to a local building control body where it includes:

1.  circuit alteration or addition in a special location*

2.  installation of one or more new circuits

3.  installation of a replacement consumer unit (fuse box)

4.  rewire of all circuits

5.  partial rewire

6.  new full electrical installation (new build)

* Certain zones within a room containing a bath or shower, or a room containing a swimming pool or sauna heater.

Competent Person Schme

Competent Person Schemes (CPS) were introduced by the UK Government to allow individuals and enterprises to self-certify that their work complies with the Building Regulations as an alternative to submitting a building notice or using an approved inspector.

A Competent Person must be registered with a scheme that has been approved by The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG). Schemes authorised by the DCLG are listed on its website at http://www.communities.gov.uk

Files coming soon.

Registered with:

Stroma Certification


Part P Registered


Competet Person Scheme


City & Guilds